Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics:
Marco R. Lanzoni
Athletic Department News
New Sports Schedule Link is Here!
It's a one click schedule option with an alert system for schedule changes.
CLICK HERE - http://roia.ouboces.org/spackenkillschedulepage.html
New Online Sports Registration!
The Fall 2018 sports registration process will open on Family ID on Monday, May 7, 2018. Please read all information below to complete the registration process correctly.
Registration Process: Starting on Monday, May 7, 2018, sports registration information and the FamilyID registration tab will appear on our district website http://www.familyid.com/spackenkill-ufsd-athletics
Step 1. Parents/ Guardians will need to go to the website, read the information provided and complete the appropriate Fall 2018 Intend to Play Form for their child. This form is the first step in the registration process for students interested in playing Fall sports. The Intend to Play Form should be submitted by Friday, June 29th, this will allow you to begin the registration process for your child and will provide the district with the opportunity to begin planning for Fall sports tryouts. Please see the steps for completing the registration listed on the back of this letter.
Step 2. During the summer, you will need to log back into Family ID to complete the final registration forms. The reason for the two step process is because the New York State Education Department requires an interval health history summary to be completed for all athletes no sooner than 30 days prior to the start of the athletic season, for fall sports the registration dates will be as follows:
Varsity/JV sports- Monday , July 13th – Monday, August 13th
Modified sports (7th and 8th grade)- Monday, August 6th – September 6th
Please be aware that athletes must have a current health physical on file with the nurse’s office prior to the start of the athletic season. Current health physicals for the Fall 2018 season must have been completed by August 1, 2017 or later for Varsity/JV sports and September 1, 2017 or later for Modified sports. Athletes in need of an updated physical will need to either provide the nurse with a copy of a physical completed by their primary care provider or contact the school nurse to schedule a physical with the school’s nurse practitioner in order to be cleared to tryout.
STEPS FOR COMPLETING REGISTRATION:
A parent/guardian can register by visiting the Spackenkill Athletics website and following these steps:
- To find your program, click on the Family ID link provided on the Athletic site and select Intent to Participate – Fall 2018 Athletics.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the Intent to Play Form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary and submit.
Please remember to save your login information so you are ready to log back into Family ID and complete the second part of the registration process when it opens during the summer
Click on the link below to register:
2017 - 2018 Start Dates
All JV and Varsity Sports - March 5, 2018
Modified Sports - March 12, 2018
2018 - 2019 Start Dates:
All JV and Varsity Sports - August 13, 2018
Modified Sports: First day of school
2018 - 2019 Spartan of the Month
Athletic Placement Process Forms
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer athletic event supervisor for home contests, please click on Forms and fill out the event staff application. All forms should be returned to the Athletic Office.
WEIGHT ROOM - STAFF HOURS:
(Monday – Friday 5:45am – 7:15am)
Monday – 6pm – 9pm
Tuesday – 6pm - 9pm
Wednesday – 6pm – 9pm
Thursday – 7pm – 9pm
Friday - 6pm – 9pm