Betsy Marchesona, Librarian
42 Hagan Drive, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603 Attn: Library
- Students visit the library with their class at assigned times during the week.
- Students may make arrangements to visit the library from 8:30 - 8:50 a.m. for research or to exchange books as long as the librarian is available.
- Students may not be in the library without adult supervision.
The Hagan Library Media Center contains a diverse book and periodical collection for loan to students and staff. Non-fiction and reference materials cover the curricular areas of the school as well as items aimed towards students' personal interests. The fiction collection provides students with a wide array of classic and popular literature. Pleasure reading materials such as series titles, graphic novels (comics), and magazines of interest to elementary school students are also a major part of the collection.
- Students in K - 2 may borrow 1 book per week. Students in grades 3 - 5 may borrow 2 books per week or 1 book and 1 magazine. Additional books may be borrowed for class reports if necessary.
- Reference books are generally for library use only; however, some exceptions may be made.
- Books in the general collection are signed out for one week at a time with renewals possible on an as needed basis.
- Videos, DVD's, audiobooks, computer software, and equipment are for teacher use only except under special circumstances.
Home access to library media center resources is available through the Hagan Elementary School Library website. Some subscription databases may require access codes which are available in the Library Media Center. Please contact us about any problems with accessing materials from home.
- A student's presence in the library indicates purposeful quiet work.
- Students are to be considerate to others.
- Students are expected to observe all school rules and library procedures.
- Students must sign out all materials used.
- Students with outstanding materials will not be allowed to sign out more library materials, but can use all materials during school hours.
- Students are expected to take care of all library materials and are expected to pay for all damaged or lost items. Students will be charged the cost of replacing the item plus a processing fee.